In an 8-week Best of Natural Birth series, you'll learn:
• Your options for labor and birth—what choices do you really have?
• Stages of labor and normal variations—understand what will be going on in your body.
• Comfort measures and coping techniques—what will get you through the intense sensations of labor?
Relaxation, visualization, counterpressure, massage, movement… What really works, and exactly how are they used?
• How to support a laboring woman—if dads and partners feel helpless, they'll understandably advocate for medication. What's the difference between a coach and a birth partner? This course goes in-depth on how to help her through the journey in an effective, realistic, loving way.
• Informed choice—if an intervention is suggested, how do you get the information you need to make a decision?
• Working through hopes and fears—explore your feelings about birth in a supportive, open environment.
• What resources are available in the community—Kalamazoo has an amazing range of professionals and resources to support you in pregnancy, birth and parenting! You can tap into Jessica's expertise to find the connections you need.
• Creating a back-up plan—how can you create as natural an experience as possible, even if things unfold differently than you'd hoped?
All of this takes place in a relaxed, professional setting where families feel comfortable asking questions and sharing their experiences. Getting to know the other families is one of the best parts! Many classes continue their connection after the eight-week series ends, with reunions and playgroups. Each class has their own Facebook group so they can share birth stories, baby pictures and parenting questions.